One of the primary missions of The Big-Brained Superheroes Club this summer is to help our Big-Brained Superheroes clearly see themselves as positive actors in the world—to help them realize and build on the best parts of themselves. Along those lines, we’re going to focus on solidifying a language for and an awareness of our superpowers, such as leadership, teamwork, and critical thinking, while we draw, write, invent, and perform.
Our Official Dictionary of Superpowers:
- Teamwork: joining together to accomplish our mission
- Leadership: inspiring, encouraging, and being an example to those around us
- Kindness: being thoughtful and considerate
- Empathy: feeling/thinking what someone else is feeling/thinking
- Sense of Adventure: desire to try new things and make mistakes
- Critical Thinking: questioning our assumptions
- Adaptability: ability to adjust to new situations
- Persistence: sticking to a goal
- Empowerment: feeling confident in ourselves
- Respect: having regard for others
- Willpower: being able to intentionally control ourselves with our brains
- Creativity: giving our brains the freedom to connect things in a new way
UPDATE: Curious about where our particular concept of superpowers came from? Check out our Origins Story Part 1 of X.